- 6 medium chicken drumsticks
- 6 medium chicken thighs
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 12 extra-large unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large roasting pan, place chicken, potatoes and garlic. Pour butter over all and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes, basting frequently with the pan juices. Heat honey; baste over chicken. Spoon pan juices over potatoes and garlic on a platter. Skim fat from pan and spoon drippings over chicken. Serve several garlic cloves per person. Each person is to cut through the skin of the garlic and spread the soft roasted pulp over chicken and potatoes. Garlic develops a milk flavor when roasted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Roasted Honey Chicken
"Tasty and simple. I left the garlic peeled (I did take off the outer most very papery layer) in the pan with the potatoes and chicken. Did not serve with the dripping because I was out of time, but I think I would enjoy it."
"where is the nutritional values?because I'm on a low sodium diet, plus having gout, I will not try a new dish lest I have them values...."
"I've not made this yet, but know we will love it since we love garlic; however, I gave the recipe a Poor rating as I can't figure out why you wouldn't peel the garlic?? Surely you don't eat the papery membrane of the garlic clove? I will definitely peel the garlic!"
"I just didn't get the honey in this recipe. I peeled my garlic since I couldn't understand why you wouldn't."
"This was a really easy recipe. It was very flavorful too! My kids loved it!"
"Would make again...important to baste frequently so it gets nice and brown. Had to leave my chicken in close to an hour. Next time will make a gravy with the brown bits."