Garlic Potato Wedges
Looking for a change from run-of-the-mill potatoes? Try these tender wedges that are generously seasoned with garlic, rosemary and other flavorful ingredients. They complement any meal. —Amy Werner of Grand Ledge, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 pounds small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 16 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil, garlic, rosemary and salt. Pour into two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, pepper and remaining oil until smooth. Squeeze roasted garlic into vinegar mixture (discard skins). Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 299 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat.
Originally published as Garlic Potato Wedges in Light & Tasty February/March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.