Garlic Potato Bread
If you love the convenience of using a bread machine, keep this easy loaf in mind. It's wonderful for sandwiches, with soup or all by itself. —Shilah Koster, Rapid River, MI
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons additional water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions.
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Originally published as Garlic-Onion Potato Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.