Garlic Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 18 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, separated into cloves and peeled
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Diced sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, fresh rosemary sprigs and minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and garlic are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, eggs, chives, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spoon into two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Garnish with peppers, rosemary and chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 193 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
May 16, 2010
Makes a lot of potatoes. I fixed this recipe for a ladies buffet at church. It was served in the baking pan but with the garnish it was still quite elegant. The ladies loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.