Garlic Potato Bake
I created this recipe for an end-of-summer harvest picnic. Everyone loved it.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 18 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, separated into cloves and peeled
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Diced sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, fresh rosemary sprigs and minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and garlic are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, eggs, chives, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spoon into two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Garnish with peppers, rosemary and chives if desired.
May 16, 2010
Makes a lot of potatoes. I fixed this recipe for a ladies buffet at church. It was served in the baking pan but with the garnish it was still quite elegant. The ladies loved it