VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 18 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 whole garlic bulbs, separated into cloves and peeled
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Diced sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, fresh rosemary sprigs and minced chives, optional
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and garlic are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, eggs, chives, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spoon into two greased shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Garnish with peppers, rosemary and chives if desired. Yield: 25 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Potato Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p226
Reviews forGarlic Potato Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 16, 2010
"Makes a lot of potatoes. I fixed this recipe for a ladies buffet at church. It was served in the baking pan but with the garnish it was still quite elegant. The ladies loved it"