Garlic-Pepper Tenderloin Steaks
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Brush steaks with oil; rub in seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 209 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 9, 2018
Despite all the wonderful seasonings included in the rub, the steaks were bland. They were very tender but without flavor.
Aug 13, 2012
My husband isn't a big fan of putting anything on his steak but salt and pepper, maybe some garlic, However I talked him into trying this rub on our T-bone steaks. The only thing I changed was substituting the cayenne pepper with chipotle powder for more of a smoky flavor. A nice flavored crust that didn't overwhelm the great tender juicy steak inside, we were both happy.