Garlic-Pepper Tenderloin Steaks
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Brush steaks with oil; rub in seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 209 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2018
Despite all the wonderful seasonings included in the rub, the steaks were bland. They were very tender but without flavor.
Aug 13, 2012
My husband isn't a big fan of putting anything on his steak but salt and pepper, maybe some garlic, However I talked him into trying this rub on our T-bone steaks. The only thing I changed was substituting the cayenne pepper with chipotle powder for more of a smoky flavor. A nice flavored crust that didn't overwhelm the great tender juicy steak inside, we were both happy.