Garlic Orzo Pilaf
This is an easy, go-to side dish that has lots of flavor. I always have the ingredients on hand and I find it's a easier than a prepackaged rice side dish because the orzo cooks so quickly.—
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 1 minute. Add orzo; saute for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 256 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Garlic Orzo in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.