Even if you're not on a restricted diet, you'll enjoy these tasty burgers from Lisa Stavropoulos of Stouffville, Ontario. The ground turkey and beef patties are moist, hearty and seasoned to please. "I came up with this recipe as a more nutritious alternative to store-bought hamburger patties," Lisa says. "My husband often requests them for dinner."
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1 small carrot, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a food processor, combine the onions, carrot and garlic; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, milk, egg, salt, basil, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble turkey and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Lightly oil grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Onion Turkey Burgers in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p5
Reviews forGarlic-Onion Turkey Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2009
"These are fantastic! I've made them at least 4 times now, freezing the extra cooked burgers for later. Yummy!"