Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 3 green onions (green portion only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and preserves until blended. Stir in the onions, bacon, garlic and pepper. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Garlic-Onion Cheese Spread
"A really good dip, although I did make a few changes - 4 -5 tbsp. preserves, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 c sour cream (next time would try 1/2 c so it's smoother to spread). Great w/ Club multigrain crackers and lots for 6 people or more."
"Everyone LOVED this dip. I added and extra tablespoon of apricot preserves and a friend mentioned she added onion powder to her version as well. Enjoy!"
"I decided to try this recipe, because I wanted something a little bit different for our small group. It was a huge hit with everyone, and people went back for seconds and thirds. I did add 1/2 a cup of sour cream, to make it a little more dippable, and we served it with crackers and veggies. Will definitely make this again!"
"I made this last night to share with friends at a graduation celebration. It is great! The preserves give it just a hint of sweetness, the green onions added a certain something. We had it with pretzels and cubes of beer bread. It's a keeper!"
"i made this for super bowl only thing i did not add the garlic it was so yummy i served it with wheat thins every one that tryed it loved it thank u"
"I made this for our appetizer on Christmas. Everyone said that they liked it, but there was a lot left over. You can't eat much because it is very rich. I probably will not make again."
"my family loves this! yum!"