Garlic-Onion Appetizer Rounds Recipe
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Unfold puff pastry. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Spread onion mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheeses and basil; roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 16 slices.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Onion Appetizer Rounds
"The onions go very caramel-y and rich - when I served these people didn't guess there were onions in them! Super yum."
"We loved these! We really love mushrooms, so I added chopped mushrooms. Delicious!"