Garlic-Onion Appetizer Rounds
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Unfold puff pastry. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Spread onion mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheeses and basil; roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 1, 2014
The onions go very caramel-y and rich - when I served these people didn't guess there were onions in them! Super yum.
Sep 18, 2008
We loved these! We really love mushrooms, so I added chopped mushrooms. Delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.