Garlic-Onion Appetizer Rounds
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook onions in butter until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Unfold puff pastry. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Spread onion mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheeses and basil; roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 16 slices.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 1, 2014
The onions go very caramel-y and rich - when I served these people didn't guess there were onions in them! Super yum.
Sep 18, 2008
We loved these! We really love mushrooms, so I added chopped mushrooms. Delicious!