Garlic ‘n’ Pepper Prime Rib
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 pounds)
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Sprinkle roast with pepper; place rib side down in a small roasting pan. Combine onion and garlic; spread over all sides of roast. Combine broth and ketchup; spoon 3/4 cup over roast. Set remaining broth mixture aside.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Baste with pan drippings every 20 minutes, adding reserved broth mixture as needed. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Stir any remaining broth mixture into pan drippings; heat through and serve with roast.
Dec 28, 2015
Made this prime rib roast for Christmas and it was terrific! I wanted it medium rare so took it out at just over 130degrees on my meat thermometer and it was perfect after sitting for 15min. Rave reviews from my family!
Oct 15, 2011
I bought a beautiful prime rib roast. Followed the directions to a t. Because prime rib is already so tender, this recipe makes the meat taste mushy. I might try this recipe on a tougher cut of meet. I also found the ketchup over pours any of the other flavours. I won't be using this recipe on a prime rib again. I feel terribly leaving a bad review, perhaps I did something wrong, but the flavours didn't do the meat justice.