Garlic-Mustard Rib Roast
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Mix seasonings; rub over roast. Add water, broth and vinegar to pan.
- 2. Roast 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Baste occasionally with pan juices. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Dec 26, 2009
I just made this for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it! So simple, too! Add this to your "simple but looks and tastes like gourmet" file. The only change I would make is perhaps increasing the broth mixture, as most of it evaporated during the roasting, and I only got to baste the roast once or twice.