- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Mix seasonings; rub over roast. Add water, broth and vinegar to pan.
- Roast 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste occasionally with pan juices. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Mustard Rib Roast
"I just made this for Christmas dinner and everyone loved it! So simple, too! Add this to your "simple but looks and tastes like gourmet" file. The only change I would make is perhaps increasing the broth mixture, as most of it evaporated during the roasting, and I only got to baste the roast once or twice."