Garlic-Mushroom Turkey Slices Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, oregano, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth and wine to the skillet; stir in mushrooms and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return turkey to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic-Mushroom Turkey Slices
"This is delicious and tastes better left-over. quick, health and full of flavour. Will add it to our rotation."