- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Mashed Red Potatoes
"This is a deliciously simple recipe. Assemble ingredients ahead to make the final prep even easier. I substituted roasted granulated garlic for the fresh. I halved the recipe and still have enough for another meal!"
"I like the addition of parmesan cheese. I choose to add minced garlic after the potatoes were cooked and drained."
"Be very careful to not use a food processor to mix these. I made mistake and ended up with wallpaper paste. Otherwise, easy to make."
"Yes, this is the way we love our taters, too. Only I roast the garlic before instead of boiling it with the potatoes. The flavor is so good!"
"Simply said, "delicious"!"
"Very good and creamy. I am making this to go with our Christmas Prime Rib. I'll be adding even more garlic though."
"I had to use a bit more milk but had a great flavor. Will add these into my rotation."
"Very good! I used minced garlic and cooked it over the stove with the butter and added them after the potatoes were done."