This lovely, golden loaf has great garlic goodness in every bite. Guests will go wild over its savory flavor. Try dipping bite-size pieces in herb-seasoned olive oil or dunking in warm pasta sauce for a unique appetizer.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 loaf (24 pieces)
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough or 24 frozen unbaked white dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Herb-seasoned olive oil, optional
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. In a small bowl, combine the onion, butter, garlic, parsley and salt. Dip each piece of dough into butter mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with olive oil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 141 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread in Taste of Home Cooking School Taste of Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.