This lovely, golden loaf has great garlic goodness in every bite. Guests will go wild over its savory flavor. Try dipping bite-size pieces in herb-seasoned olive oil or dunking in warm pasta sauce for a unique appetizer.
Recommended: 26 Recipes for Homemade Bread
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough or 24 frozen unbaked white dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Herb-seasoned olive oil, optional
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. In a small bowl, combine the onion, butter, garlic, parsley and salt. Dip each piece of dough into butter mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with olive oil if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (24 pieces).
Originally published as Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2006, p11
Reviews forGarlic Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review