- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sea bass or grouper fillets (8 ounces each)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of bulb. Brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Squeeze softened garlic into pan. Stir in the onion, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Arrange the fillets in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with onion mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGarlic-Lime Sea Bass
"This was good. Liked the combination of flavors. I have another sea bass recipe from this site that I prefer but would do this one again."