Garlic Lemon Fish Fillet with Herbs
Combining different types of herbs not only gives this speedy fish depth of flavor, but it also results in a beautiful, easy, delicious dish. The herbs compliment the delicate flavor of the fish. —Yvonne Nemec, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.