Garlic-Herb Smashed Spuds
This is my most requested side dish whenever we’re serving steak; it pairs beautifully with other meats, too. The garlic flavor is subtle and the texture is firm. If you like your potatoes a bit creamier, add a splash or two of milk. —Heather Burris, Kingsland, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds small red potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, spreadable cheese, butter, cheeses, sour cream, chives and salt.
Originally published as Boursin Smashed Spuds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017