Garlic-Herb Smashed Spuds
This is my most requested side dish whenever we’re serving steak; it pairs beautifully with other meats, too. The garlic flavor is subtle and the texture is firm. If you like your potatoes a bit creamier, add a splash or two of milk. —Heather Burris, Kingsland, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds small red potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, spreadable cheese, butter, cheeses, sour cream, chives and salt.
Originally published as Boursin Smashed Spuds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.