Garlic-Herb Potato Nests
These elegant-looking little appetizers are quite simple to prepare, says Donna Cline of Pensacola, Florida. “The crunchy nests filled with herb cheese ’eggs’ are a real eye-catcher, too.”
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, egg white, salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoonful in each of 24 greased miniature muffin cups, lining the bottom and sides of cups.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of cheese into ovals; place in potato nests. Garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature.