Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Add beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoned salt, allspice and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 61 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Oct 18, 2011
I liked this recipe because although it is a low fat recipe, it doesn't overcompensate for the lack of butter by overdoing all the other seasonings. The chicken broth helps it accomplish this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.