- 2 pounds fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Drain beans; add to onion mixture. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Green Beans
"Good basic recipe, but need to add salt and pepper."
"A good base recipe. I added more garlic as well as a lot of Parmesan and a dash of salt. Delicious!"
"These were good but I added parmesean cheese to them and made them even better!"
"I make these with young, thin fresh green beans and I do not cut them in pieces. They are very good."
"Very good recipe, and my family loves it! I use fresh, very thin green beans, and steam them slightly rather than boiling to preserve vitamin content."
"These are okay. I've made better green bean recipes from this website.~ Theresa"
"added more garlic to suit our taste. next time maybe slightly less onion. definitely a keeper! leftovers are great!!"
"Nice way to spice it up. The onion and garlic added perfect flavor. This is a favorite in my house!"