With minimal effort and mess, this tender salmon fillet has the makings of a dinnertime staple. Citrus, garlic and ginger bring out the best in this low calorie entrée. —Lisa Finnegan, Forked River, New Jersey
Featured In: How to Cook in Foil Packets
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place each salmon fillet on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the ginger, cilantro, garlic and peels; spoon over salmon.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce and pepper; drizzle over salmon. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Ginger Salmon Packets in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p54
Reviews forGarlic-Ginger Salmon Packets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"One of the best salmon recipes I have ever tried. Worth gathering all the ingredients to make it. Really! And, the best part is that cleanup is a snap."