Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; set aside. Place chicken in bag. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil chicken 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes; turn strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 166 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2015
I didn't care for these. I think basil is the wrong spice, and the recipe calls for too much 5 spice powder. Also, it would probably be a lot better saut?ed in oil than broiled. I will not make again.
Apr 17, 2015
I made this for my roommate. Simply put...it was wonderful!