Garlic Garbanzo Bean Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, cut into three pieces
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables and baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the first 7 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables and pita chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 114 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Aug 31, 2019
Both olive oil and raw garlic can be bitter. You can substitute a different oil and/or cook the garlic before adding.
May 24, 2014
This was a delicious appetizer for our Mother's Day dinner. I don't own a food processor and it came out just fine in the blender.
Jul 30, 2012
This is a simple & delicious hummus recipe. My 11-month-old devours it!~ Theresa
Dec 20, 2011
I would add 1/2 cup of Tahani and one tsp of mashed ginger. 1 clove of garlic is more than enough and skip the onion. That makes this spread bitter.Enjoy
Mar 22, 2011
A bit bland with a bitter after taste.