Garlic Garbanzo Bean Spread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables and baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the first 7 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables and pita chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 114 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 31, 2020
I liked this better with corn tortilla chips, didn't really like it with pita chip or carrots.
Aug 31, 2019
Both olive oil and raw garlic can be bitter. You can substitute a different oil and/or cook the garlic before adding.
May 24, 2014
This was a delicious appetizer for our Mother's Day dinner. I don't own a food processor and it came out just fine in the blender.
Jul 30, 2012
This is a simple & delicious hummus recipe. My 11-month-old devours it!~ Theresa
Dec 20, 2011
I would add 1/2 cup of Tahani and one tsp of mashed ginger. 1 clove of garlic is more than enough and skip the onion. That makes this spread bitter.Enjoy
Mar 22, 2011
A bit bland with a bitter after taste.