Garlic-Dill Smashed Potatoes
These delicious potatoes are so creamy you won’t believe they’re light. —Amber Huff, Athens, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer potatoes to a small bowl; squeeze softened garlic into bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; mash potatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 165 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Low-Fat Garlic and Dill Smashed Potatoes in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.