Garlic Cucumber Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 large cucumber
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional minced fresh dill
- Pita bread wedges
- Peel cucumber; cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Grate cucumber; squeeze between paper towels several times to remove excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl; stir in the yogurt, sour cream, oil, dill, vinegar, garlic and salt. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with additional dill. Serve with pita wedges.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 94 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2013
Wonderful taste! I used 1 1/2 tsp. dillweed. Also, I believe it was thicker than others I've tried because I used Greek style yogurt and all natural sour cream. I let the shredded cucumber sit (the length of a movie), poured out the liquid and then pressed out the rest of the liquid.
Jun 8, 2008
Use Garlic Shake
Jun 8, 2008