Garlic-Cream Chicken Florentine
No wonder Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire loves this dish so much. It’s loaded with tender chunks of garlic-seasoned chicken and covered in a creamy, comforting sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 slices French bread baguette, toasted
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute the chicken, shallot and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream until smooth; stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add spinach and chicken; heat through. Serve with toasted baguette.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 496 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Cream Chicken Florentine in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.