Garlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
I created this recipe as a way to make ordinary chicken extra special. To save time, you can roll up the chicken early in the day, refrigerate it, then dip in the egg, brown and bake later on. —Dorothy Glaeser, Naples, Florida
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 8 ounces Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Wild rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 teaspoon garlic on one side of each chicken breast half. Place crab, cheese and parsley down the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. In a bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add apple juice and wine or broth. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with wild rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 396 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2008
"Hi Dorothy:I remember that you used to cook a great eye of round roast.I hope that all is well with John and yourself.Bob Anderson"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC