I created this recipe as a way to make ordinary chicken extra special. To save time, you can roll up the chicken early in the day, refrigerate it, then dip in the egg, brown and bake later on. —Dorothy Glaeser, Naples, Florida
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 8 ounces Jarlsberg or Gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Wild rice, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 teaspoon garlic on one side of each chicken breast half. Place crab, cheese and parsley down the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. In a bowl, beat egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add apple juice and wine or broth. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with wild rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p63
Reviews forGarlic Crab-Stuffed Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2008
"Hi Dorothy:I remember that you used to cook a great eye of round roast.I hope that all is well with John and yourself.Bob Anderson"