Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 5 large), peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes, garlic and paprika in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the potatoes and garlic. Add sour cream, broth, chives, salt and pepper; beat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Jan 25, 2018
I first made these several years ago. Simple additives to give normal mashed potatoes some spunk.
Sep 4, 2017
Made these to go with my bacon topped meatloaf and they were very good. I did add butter to them but otherwise made as directed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.