As a child, I spent countless hours with my mom in the kitchen. Now I do the same with my own daughter. Here's a chicken dish I gradually developed over years.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts12 ounce-weight: 234 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 38g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook