- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger. Pour half into a small resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, parsley and orange peel. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in small skillet, cook the chicken and reserved marinade until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews forGarlic Chicken on Rice
"We apologize for an error in this recipe, but thank you for bringing it to our attention. The amount of lemon juice should only be 1/4 cup. It will be corrected here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I had to put it in the garbage. Too much lemon juice. It was the worst thing I have tasted!"
"First, I must say this is the first time I've written a bad review. With that said...I agree w/previous post....it should be called too much lemon chicken. There is WAY too much lemon! The amount of lemon in the recipe (both in the magazine *best chicken recipes* and online) can't possibly be right. All we could taste was lemon; couldn't taste garlic, onion, or soy. There was so much lemon we couldn't stand to eat it. This was probably the worst recipe I've ever made from TOH."