- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- Place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Add cilantro and coriander; crush together. Add the yogurt, lemon juice and oil; mix well. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For dipping sauce, place garlic and salt in a small bowl; crush with the back of a sturdy spoon. Mix in oil. Stir in yogurt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- If grilling the chicken, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Chicken Kabobs
"Very tasty, will make again, I used the yogurt did not use mayo might next time, will increase cilantro and garlic, but everyone agreed it was very tasty."