Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
This fried rice uses leftover chicken (see the Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken recipe also in Recipe Finder). So it's perfect when you need a quick and easy meal on busy weekdays.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 to 2 cups chopped leftover Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken or cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet or wok, scramble egg in 1 tablespoon oil, breaking into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry celery and garlic over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Stir in ham, chicken, soy sauce, pepper, ginger and egg; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 403 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1599mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken Fried Rice in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.