Garlic Chicken 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add 1/2 cup broth, wine or additional broth, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 208 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Chicken 'n' Gravy
"Very good. Doubled the gravy. May even triple next time"
"It was yummy! I served it with mashed potatoes and I doubled the gravy so I wouldn't run out"
"I make this all the time. Very good!"
"Finally made this...I used chicken tenders and seasoned them with poultry seasoning as well as salt and pepper. I doubled the gravy ingrediants as we love our gravy. This was great with mashed potatoes and a side of peas & carrots. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Awesome. Love this recipe. Put this in the regular rotation. I double the gravy ingredients as the gravy is so delicious."
"This recipe was absolutely wonderful, easy, delicious and moist! I ran out of oregano and basil so I substitued in "italian seasoning" instead, it tasted great!"
"This dish is amazingly delicious! My whole family loves it; even my picky teenagersrave. The sauce has a mouth-watering flavor that is wonderful over your mashed potatoes. I have made it both with additonal chicken broth and white wine. Fabulous any way you go. It is also easy to make and cooks up quickly. A definite keeer!"