As a child, I spent countless hours with my mom in the kitchen. Now I do the same with my own daughter. Here's a chicken dish I gradually developed over years.
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add chicken pieces. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15-23 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p94
Reviews forGarlic Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2013
"Though the chicken was very moist, it had no flavor, despite marinating overnight. I won't make it again."