- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and oregano; spread on cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve hot. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Cheesy Bread
"This is my go-to recipe for homemade garlic bread. It's a great way to use up leftover sub rolls or hot dog buns. My family loves it."
"Really good garlic bread,"
"I recall using this recipe also when it appeared in Taste of Home! What I had done was use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning in addition to the other ingredients, rather than use oregano! I broiled 5 to 10 minutes-WATCH CAREFULLY! This bread I found SO HARD to stop eating! It was THAT GOOD! delowenstein"
"We have been making this for years. It's a family favorite. We use hot dog buns instead of french bread. YUM!"