VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- Additional cheese, optional
- Cook grits according to package directions. Add cheese, butter and garlic salt; stir until cheese and butter are melted. In a measuring cup, beat egg; add milk to measure 1/2 cup. Stir into grits.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Grits in Country April/May 1998, p49
Reviews forGarlic Cheese Grits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2014
"These were great, but I did use seasoned salt in place of the garlic salt because its what I had on hand. I also threw in some sliced green onions & diced roasted red peppers for color."