Garlic Cheese Bread
Meals for crowds need to be simple to prepare, hot and filling. This is a favorite.—Mike Marratzo, Florence, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 150 servings (2 slices each)
- 6 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dried oregano
- 1 cup dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups canola oil
- 18 loaves French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 18 pounds shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter and garlic. Gradually beat in oil until smooth. Spread over one side of bread. Place with buttered side up in greased large shallow baking pans. Top each slice with 1/4 cup mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 390 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread in Taste of Home August/September 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.