Garlic Cheese Bread Slices
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each piece in half. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 458 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2016
I used a multi-grain ciabatta bread instead of white French bread. Recipe is delicious and easy to prepare. We loved it with our bowl of stew!!! I froze the leftovers in portions to enjoy with more soup or stew.
Oct 24, 2014
My husband really liked this recipe. I thought it was just ok. I think I would use a little less mayo next time. Also, I didn't have French bread so I did it on hot dog buns. The French bread would have been much better.
Jul 6, 2013
Extremely tasty, and very easy to prepare!
Sep 26, 2010
Jul 12, 2010
Easy and a little different from regular garlic bread. I made this for a family gathering and there was not a piece left!