“People love the topping on this garlic bread. It’s so tasty. Sometimes I switch it up for my son by combining cinnamon, sugar and butter, spreading it on and then broiling the bread." —Tammy Griffin, Frankston, Texas
Recommended: Our Best Fall Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, split
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, mayonnaise and garlic powder. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each piece in half. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread Slices in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p21
Reviews forGarlic Cheese Bread Slices
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2013
"Extremely tasty, and very easy to prepare!"
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2010