Garlic-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Having been raised in Italy, I include garlic in a lot of my cooking. The horseradish flavor is mild, making it a great addition to any meal.—Pasqualina Pasko, Parrish, Florida
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours Bake: 15 min.
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 65-75 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until softened.
- Cool garlic for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- Add potato pulp and butter to softened garlic; mash. Stir in the milk, horseradish, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into potato shells. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with remaining potato mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.