Garlic Bread with Herbs
No Italian meal is complete without bread. This garlic herb version comes from our home economists. If desired, top with shredded provolone cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, Romano cheese, basil, parsley and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with provolone cheese if desired.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 323 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Herbed Garlic Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006