- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- In a small bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the cheeses, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and bubbly. Cut into 2-in. slices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Bread with Cheese
"I love this garlic bread, probably the best I've ever tasted. I won't make this often because it is so fattening but very, very good once in a while."
"Absoloutely amazing. My family loved it. I ended up adding more garlic and sprinkling extra cheddar cheese on top to suit our tastes. I also left out the chopped green onions since I didn't have any, I put in a tablespoon or so of dried onions. It was very simple and yummy! Am making again for tonights dinner! I can't wait!"
"This garlic bread is absolutely delicious. I've made it without the butter and increased the mayo to about 3/4 cup. Makes it very pasty. Spread thinly on the bread or the cheesyness can be a bit overpowering with a rich main course. Sometimes I skip the Italian seasoning. My entire family loves this no matter which way I make it. I get rave reviews when I serve it to guests. Could be cut in small strips and served as a warm/hot appetizer for a party."