There's something extra comforting about a tuna melt on a chilly day. Take it up a few notches with garlic, cheese and tomatoes. —Aimee Bachmann, Bellevue, Washington
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 French rolls or hoagie buns, split
- 2 cans (one 12 ounces, one 5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- Preheat broiler. In a microwave, melt butter with garlic. Place rolls on a baking sheet, cut side up; brush with butter mixture. Broil 2-3 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon dill. Layer roll bottoms with tuna mixture and cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with tomato; sprinkle with remaining dill. Replace tops; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Bread Tuna Melts in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015