Talk about an on-the-go bite or easy-to-fix side dish! When time’s at a premium, try this fresh and fabulous salad you can eat with your hands. It’s a longtime lunch specialty of Maria McMartin in Burlington, Wisconsin.
Recommended: 26 Recipes for Homemade Bread
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 French bread baguette (about 8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut baguette lengthwise in half; cut each half into two pieces. In a small bowl, combine the butter, tomatoes, pesto and garlic. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, toss romaine and salad dressing; divide among bread slices. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Bread Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p23
Reviews forGarlic Bread Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review