- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in water. Add soup, mushrooms, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. In a skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGarlic Beef Stroganoff
"easy to make, pretty good flavor. Tried with egg noodles, they don't hold gravy well. Next time will be with potatoes!"
"I really liked this and the kids did too. I have used different cuts of meat and have come to the conclusion you need to make sure you don't have one that is too stringy (last time I used a skirt steak). It was still tasty but was more a shredded meat when you cooked it the whole time. I'd recommend this! My kids asked me not to make it a stroganoff last time so I just didn't add the cream cheese and it was still a saucy delicious beef/noodle dish.I generally don't keep bouillon in the house so I substitute beef stock."
"This was great. I added 4oz of cream cheese and 2 oz of sour cream. I used fresh mushrooms and substituted floured stew meat."
"I made this for dinner a couple of nights ago. It was very, very good. I didn't add the cloves or Worcestershire sauce, just not crazy about either of them. I used beef hamburger, added 2 stalks of diced celery and used 1/3 less fat chive and onion cream cheese. I just had some for lunch and it was just as good as the first night. Thank you for the recipe Erika and TOH."
"I experimented with variations of beef stroganoff for my husband, but he considers this one the best and I have made it several times. We make it at least once a month. I add a 1/2 more cup of boiling water just because my husband prefers it a little bit soupy. We also use sour cream instead of cream cheese. It smells and tastes absolutely delicious."
"This is an excellent recipe, I did use the reduced fat cream cheese and added chopped celery. My husband and I loved this dish and I will be making this often. Thank you for the great recipe!"
"This was really good. I added some sour cream with the cream cheese and used fresh mushrooms instead of jar. My daughter said it was almost as good as Grandma's!"
"I used leftover venison roast and omitted putting it in the crock pot (since the meat was already cooked). I just made the sauce then added the chopped up roast to it. Also added a little bit of sour cream."
"Yum...no changes required!"
"My husband said this was the best meal I've made this year and wants it on the menu every week. It was very easy. I was a little concerned that the sauce would be too watery but it thickened as the cream cheese cooked down. I added my cooked noodles to the crock pot for an additional 10-15 minutes on warm and the sauce covered the noodles nicely."